In this episode about Executive Gravitas
- The podcast discusses the concept of executive gravitas and its importance in professional settings.
- Listeners will gain insights into the elements that contribute to executive gravitas, such as confidence, verbal and vocal skills, visual presentation, physical interactions, and energy management.
- Practical tips and strategies are shared throughout the podcast to help individuals develop and enhance their executive gravitas, including advice on word choice, tone of voice, grooming, handshake etiquette, meeting positioning, and managing energy levels.
Here is a glimpse of Executive Gravitas
In this episode of The Lazy CEO Podcast, host Jim Schleckser discusses the concept of executive gravitas. He explains executive gravitas is about exuding confidence, trust, and credibility professionally. It goes beyond just the content of what you say and encompasses how you present yourself.
Jim highlights the importance of having confidence in oneself and belonging in the role or position. He suggests that poor reference groups often undermine confidence, and one should focus on their accomplishments and merits.
The podcast also delves into gravitas’s verbal, vocal, visual, and physical aspects. Verbal skills, including clean and positive language, eliminating verbal crutches, and using effective idioms, play a significant role. Vocal factors, such as tone, pace, and pauses, contribute to the impact of one’s communication.
In terms of visual elements, being well-groomed, dressing appropriately in neutral and powerful colors, and paying attention to personal hygiene are emphasized. Physical aspects cover the importance of a firm handshake, appropriate proximity to others, and understanding power positions in different settings.
Lastly, Jim discusses the role of energy and emotional control in projecting gravitas. Effective leaders can calm others and maintain composure in stressful situations. Striking the right balance between managing stress and motivating the team is crucial.
The podcast provides insights and practical tips for developing executive gravitas, enabling individuals to make a strong impression and establish credibility in professional environments.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jim Schleckser on LinkedIn
- The CEO Project
- Great Ceos Are Lazy: How Exceptional Ceos Do More in Less Time by Jim Schleckser
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by The CEO Project. The CEO Project is a business advisory group that brings high-caliber, accomplished CEOs together. Our team of skilled advisors comprises current and former CEOs who have run public and private sector companies across multiple industries. With our experience and expertise, we guide hundreds of high-performing CEOs through a disciplined approach that resolves constraints and improves critical decisions. The CEO Project has helped high-performing, large enterprise CEOs with annual revenues ranging from $20M to over $2 billion to drive growth and achieve optimal outcomes. If you are an experienced CEO looking to grow your company, visit www.theCEOProject.com.